I went for a bike ride yesterday, through Golden Gate Park and down to the beach. I was on the fancy bike, which is so light I felt as though I could take off at any moment. It's also exceedingly fast, which was how I ended up at the bison paddock before I knew it. To the extent that bison can look anything other than shaggily bovine, they were looking much happier than the last time I'd seen them. Much more fur on their shoulders, and plenty of green grass in their field. It does seem somewhat incongruous to have the national emblem of the free spirited plains penned up in an urban park. I like watching them though.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
roaming across the paddock
I went for a bike ride yesterday, through Golden Gate Park and down to the beach. I was on the fancy bike, which is so light I felt as though I could take off at any moment. It's also exceedingly fast, which was how I ended up at the bison paddock before I knew it. To the extent that bison can look anything other than shaggily bovine, they were looking much happier than the last time I'd seen them. Much more fur on their shoulders, and plenty of green grass in their field. It does seem somewhat incongruous to have the national emblem of the free spirited plains penned up in an urban park. I like watching them though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Fancy bike, nice beach and cool looking bisons. We love to read you and admire your pretty pictures. Keep up the good work.
We received your old-fashionned post card, but couldn't remember that part of the challenge. We are still waiting for our postcard of a homeless person though. Any luck with that? ;)
We are eating A LOT of chocolate. We have just received another order and already have collected enough to make a payment to the Wombat Fund.
All is good except for the colds and flue that are going around. We all take turns being sick!
Enjoy SF summer and berries!
Great to read your blog....like having a clayton's holiday...and yes the chocs are going fast
Totally jealous that you got to ride the fancy bike.
Loving your holiday updates bro :)
Totally jealous that you got to ride the fancy bike.
Loving your holiday updates bro :)
Post a Comment