Wednesday, July 9, 2008

gorge-ous


There are no pictures of Seattle or Portland, due to a lack of battery power. However, we did get ourselves sorted by the time we arrived at the Columbia River Gorge. The river itself is sadly dammed at multiple points along its length, but the gorge is still fascinating. It was carved out by a series of massive floods at the end of the ice-age. As well as exposing a delightful range of basaltic features, the gorge features an assortment of waterfalls. Photo credits belong to my companion for the second arty one through the 1900s stone bridge.

3 comments:

Herby said...

Bro - Those photography classes sure paid off! Your pics are AMAZING! I especially love the one of the waterfall through the bridge.

Clotilde said...

Looks quite lush!

Beyond Tony said...

Congratulations to the anonymous "companion" for the archway shot. I confess, I thought one of your earlier shots was a postcard, but my colleagues have reassured me that it is geniune hilly08.