Monday, July 14, 2008

foghorns




On Thursday, I went out to Lands End to do some different volunteer gardening in a native rehabilitation area. Last time I'd been there, in 2007, the hill slopes were bare and eroding fast. This time they were covered in little flowery bushes. We spent the afternoon removing old drainage pipe. It was hard, dirty work and a good change from the flower-snipping of Alcatraz. It took me a little while to find the volunteer group, because it was so foggy, so I took the chance to take some photos while I searched for them.

3 comments:

Beyond Tony said...

Once again, brilliant photos. The first reminds me of one of the wind swept shots we saw from Cyclone Larry... Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Unknown said...

Very lovely, and reminiscent of the classic Lonely Pine at Carmel.

Herby said...

Stunning!!!

Shazzy said you must be having a ball over there.