Saturday, July 5, 2008

levity!


Canadian photos continue, with these examples of the use of jetpacks in modern hiking. Those Canadians have thought of everything!

3 comments:

Herby said...

Canadian bushwalking jetpacks ... Or just the benefit of our training walks. Nah - definately jetpacks. Looks AWESOME bro.

Clotilde said...

Amazing that you managed to find snow in the middle of summer. I'm very happy for you. However, I would like to mention for the record (and the benefit of your Australian friends) that fresh snow is white and not dirty like the summer snow you found.

I like the jetpacks. Can you bring me one back? Would be useful next time I meet a snake on the trail...

themeda said...

There was an astonishing amount of snow - apparently it had been a weird winter, and had stayed cold right up to june. We couldn't go on the walk we had planned, as it was thick with snow from the very beginning (and I'm Australian, and thus don't have snowshoes or crampons, or any idea how to use them).

If only we'd had enough fuel for the jetpacks!