So, we went up this dusty logging trail to go on a hike. I don't think anybody had been up there since the start of winter. First we saw some old bear scat. Then a scratched up marker post. Then a bear paw print by the water. Then some very fresh scat.
We sang and clapped as we walked, including a charming ditty that rhymed "bear" with "gruyere". The poor bears probably had their paws clasped firmly over their ears, so as not to hear our not-very-tuneful efforts to alert them to our presence.

3 comments:
You know it's fresh and you're in trouble when it's fuming. And believe me, you know right away whether it was a black bear or a grizzly. I think it's an instinct. In any case, it's like almost stepping on the snake (see gecko hunter's blog), you know you're in trouble right away.
Singing badly works well though. But then you don't get to see deers, foxes, partridges... It's a tradeoff.
Keep on with the blog. We love reading it!
Nah. Bears are just hairy crocodiles. That can run fast and climb trees as well as swim. Ooh-er. Rather the crocs, I reckon.
Again - you're a brave man. I woulda seen the bear poop and been back in the car in seconds. But then, they have those jet packs there in Canada so guess you could always fly away with that - hahahahahaa!
Post a Comment