


It has been a busy few days, that's for sure, and now I'm across the country in sunny Pittsburgh. It's a town that does a fine line in steel bridges, brick buildings, and faded signs from long-closed businesses. Yesterday we visited the National Aviary, where my favourite bird was the sloth. Apparently, to obtain accreditation with the zoological society, they have to have at least one mammal, and this delightful character was it! There were also plenty of birds, as you might expect, including a wompoo pigeon and some very squarky lorrikeets to represent the birdlife of Australia. I felt sad for all the big birds in their well-appointed and spacious, yet still imprisoning, cages.

2 comments:
Oh wow - that's a sloth! Sharon's favourite animal is the sloth. She loves the whole lazy idea of them :) :)
Hope you get to stay over there because am LOVING the photos. Much as I miss your company bro - am going to miss ur pics!
Is that a 2- or 3-toed potential public sector employee?
Post a Comment