


I spent Wednesday morning lopping off the dead flower heads of red valerian bushes, which cascaded prettily though inconveniently down a steep hillside. A tourist spoke amiably to me, to my unfortunate bewilderment, in French. She eventually managed to make herself understood that she thought that this was a job requiring much patience. A big rock indeed.
Later, I was splatted on by a Western Gull. I might invest in a bigger hat than my volunteer-issue baseball cap. Due to special request, rather than any fond feelings towards the gulls, I include another picture of a fluffy chick.

2 comments:
I note the formwork on the historic edifice at top bears the unmistakeable signs of having been erected by Australians - the telltale chaos of gimcrack design, slipshod workmanship and shoddy execution left indelibly on the cancerous concrete. No wonder the whole has to be kept standing with props. Teh question to be answered then is whether the construction team was brought over from Australia to fulfil the contract (unlikely in my view) or whether they were selected from the rollcall of inmates to show the lax and pampered Americans what good old Aussie 'she'll do' attitude can accomplish. Thereby proving that when it comes to jerrybuilding, Australian convicts have centuries of tradition behind them.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! A seagull shat on your hat!!!!
Post a Comment